Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Musical Interlude: 'Alchemy' by Deuter

If you've taken one of my writing classes or workshops, you'll have heard this music. This has to be just about my favorite piece to write to once I have the words flowing. 


I like to put it on repeat and drift away... through a sun-dappled woodland, over a sparkling ocean... I imagine a protagonist running toward their goal, whatever it is, with increasing urgency. It reminds me of synapses in a person's brain, sparking and firing with creativity energy and inspiration. It puts me in a happy place, but has enough tension to keep the action going. 


Where does it take you?


1 comment:

  1. Love this. I feel like I'm riding a horse through snow falling or blossom petals... I am defintely going to be using this piece when I write!!

    ReplyDelete