Monday, April 4, 2011

Digital Love

By my daughter, Jonquil, aged 8.
Created via a Wacom Intuos4 tablet.
A couple of exciting things happened this past week, chief among them the fact that I finished revising a book I've been working on for nearly a year. After suffering substantial writer's block during the second half of last year, it's a great feeling!


The other thing was that, inspired last weekend at Whispering Pines by a conversation with author/digital illustrator friends Liz Goulet Dubois and Carlyn Beccia, and availing myself of a substantial RISD faculty discount, I finally bit the bullet and bought a drawing tablet. Yes, I am on my way to digital-artist-hood. Hurrah! Huzzah! Hoopla! 


Of course, the only one who's really had a chance to use it so far is my daughter, but she kindly painted something she knew I'd love. Hell, she could have painted anything and I would have loved it, but my love for this is has sprinkles and a cherry on top. 

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Your daughter is a great artist!

    ReplyDelete