Friday, February 17, 2012

A Novel Update

Image credit:
lifeparttwo.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/pileated-woodpecker


It's been one week, and I have easily kept to my new writing schedule, writing/drawing one or more (usually more) hours per day (except for my one evening off, which I spent working on paid work and wrapping birthday presents for my daughter!). It feels good, and it feels natural now I've made the mental commitment. 


Though progress seems slow in terms of word count, because I'm cutting and reworking as I go, it's gratifying to know I'm doing something every day to peck away at my goal. 



Current word count: 27,786  (+1362)
Current state: 
  • solid short synopsis
  • clear overarching plot in mind
  • sketches for two illustrations (+1)
  • solid beginning (with fewer gaps) and established voice
  • vastly messy middle with large gaps, unclear plot points, too few characters, and various black holes 
  • nebulous but forming ending. 
Goal: A finished solid first draft by January 9th, 2013. 



Please feel free to join me and post your word count or project state updates in the comments. We're all in this together. It'll be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment