One week ago told you I'd found the key. This week, further proof that the key works. It works, I’m telling you.
Actually sitting in front of a computer and making something go onto the screen every day—yeah, really every day even when you don’t really feel particularly like it but you know you’ve made apromise to do it and you’re accountable to a bunch of people who read your blog as well as yourself and let's face it you're a bit pig-headed about these things anyway so you do it except on your one day off which is at your discretion—actually produces results.
I know! Who would have thunk it? Astounding, but true.
2+ hours a day (or > one). 6+ days a week. It’s key.
Current word count: 30,092 (+3668)
- solid short synopsis
- clear overarching plot in mind
- sketches for two illustrations
- solid beginning (with small gaps) and established voice
- vastly messy middle with large gaps, clearer plot points, a growing number of characters, and various black holes but many fewer toward the end.
- and an ending! Even final a line!
Goal: A finished solid first draft by January 9th, 2013.