Cup of tea (green with lemon and ginseng, special tea cup),
speakers lilting (see below),
notebook and pencil (magenta, mechanical, 0.7 mm lead),
open Word file,
drawing (4B pencil, Strathmore Drawing Paper) in progress on well-lit art table.
And... actually doing this at some point EVERY day.
That's what is working for me right now.
'Moss Garden' by David Bowie
Current word count: 29,180 (+2756)
- solid short synopsis
- clear overarching plot in mind
- one sketches and one half-finished drawing (up!)
- solid beginning (with fewer gaps) and established voice
- vastly messy middle with large gaps, unclear plot points, too few characters, and various black holes
- lots more character and world knowledge
- nebulous but forming ending.
Goal: A finished solid first draft by January 9th, 2013.
Wouldn't you like to join me and post your word count updates in the comments? We're all in this together. It'll be fun!