Thursday, March 24, 2011

Guess What?




You've been asking for it, I've been wanting to do it, and now it's finally happening! Hooray!


This fall, I'll be teaching a new ten week course at RISD CE about writing chapter books. Through a series of writing exercises, lectures, group discussions, and workshops, we'll be looking at:

  • Discovering your writing process
  • Narrative structure 
  • Developing characters that engage, excite, and endure
  • POV, language style, and developing a voice
  • Handling exposition
  • Pacing... keeping your reader turning the page
  • How to imbue a single chapter book text with series potential
  • How to approach agents and publishers and writing great query letters
  • And much more.

RISD and I have some other children's book offerings in the pipeline, too, so watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky bird. I'm teaching New Media. It's fun, but not writing. Will you be at Whispering Pines this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll be there, but just as a day person. I was too slow off the mark this year! See you there?

    ReplyDelete